We understand that it can be stressful to drop your children off in unfamiliar surroundings. Our goal is to ease your stress and that of your children as much as possible. Please know that we take our responsibility of safeguarding your children very seriously. We require extensive training and a thorough background check for all volunteers. All rooms are checked for safety on a weekly basis. Your child's health is important to us, so all workers must also follow strict health guidelines for the prevention of the spreading of germs.
Stonegate KIDS strives to offer a welcoming, encouraging, loving environment where your children will learn about Jesus through Bible stories and illustrations. Time spent with us will include story time, games, crafts, snacks, as well as play time with other children.
It may help you to know that there are three distinct sections inside the Stonegate KIDS area. The Grove is our birth through pre-school space and is easily identifiable by its bright ORANGE color. The Woods is where kindergarten through 3rd grade kids hang out. This space is defined by its beautiful shades of GREEN. Our pre-teen space is called The Wild. This room is set apart from the others by its electric BLUE design. It is home for 4th and 5th graders on Sunday mornings. We cannot wait to welcome your kids to these fun, inviting spaces!
We suggest you try these steps when preparing your children.
- ON THE DRIVE TO CHURCH
- Be sure to explain to your children where you are going and what they will be doing (story time, games, crafts, snacks and play time with other children).
- Remind them that though you will not be staying with them, they will have other children and teachers in each classroom that will be there with them. Let them know how important it is that each of you has time where you can learn more about God. Assure them that you will not be far away as you worship in a building close by, and if needed, the teacher can easily come get you.
- Tell your children that church is a safe and fun place to be. Let them know how much their teachers love them and how important this special time together is.
- Don't forget to reassure them that you will come get them as soon as the service is over.
- WHEN YOU GET TO CHURCH
- We use a web-based program called Planning Center Online to get information and to check in children, birth – 5th grade.
- You can to check in your kids at the Check-In Station in the Stonegate KIDS area
- If this is your first time at Stonegate Church, you should allow for some extra time to register your children. There will be a “Kids Check-In” Volunteer there to help you.
- After you check your child in, you will receive a name tag for your child as well as a pick up ticket. That ticket will have an alpha numeric code that coordinates with your child's name tag. You will be required to present this ticket to pick up your child.
- If at any time your child needs you, that number will appear on the screen during worship.
- Please make sure we are aware of any allerigies or other medical conditions so that we are better able to serve you and your family.
- ON THE WAY HOME FROM CHURCH
- Be sure to congratulate your children on being brave in going to church by themselves.
- Ask what they learned during their time with us.
- Get them excited for returning next week!
For more information, please contact our Stonegate KIDS Director, Lisa Mitchell.